Monday, May 22, 2006

Back, Front & Sleeve




This is not the clearest pattern I've ever done. I'll start with the Left Front. The first step was to highlight the M1, p2tog, M1P, k2tog. They make sense for making the cables come out right but they read funny. I make a number chart for shaping the collar and moving the cables. 3,5,6,9,10,... The 3 counting pattern is for the moving the marker into the body and the 5 is for the increases in the collar.

For the sleeves I used the 6 counting pattern from the cable to help me keep track of the increases. It's a lot easier to count from the last cable twist than to count the whole sweater or from the last increase. 6,10,12,18,20... Well, you get the picture.





As for the back the only thing I did was I reversed the cables so they are mirror images of each other.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow.. yours is looking excellent! Do you have any thoughts on the idea of knitting the sleeves in the round? Or would that just be too complicated?

Thanks for posting your pictures.. now I can see that mine is on track too!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Rena said...

Sharon, looking great! Did you use the Aurora 8?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Sharon Floyd said...

Kim

You could always do that. I dislike short circulars more than I dislike sewing seams so I wouldn't. It shouldn't change anything that I can think of.

Rena

I used Cascade 220.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Sharon : )

I don't use short circs.. I use the magic loop method.. it's great for doing sleeves in the round : )

12:27 PM  
Anonymous gail said...

I'm really feeling inadequate. I knit alot but this travelling cable has really tested my A.D.H.D. Help I finished the back but the left front placket is making me crazy.
Any help appreciated...Thanks
Gail

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home